Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Lawn mowers under $300?

wrote:
Looking for a new self-propelled mower for hopefully less than $300.
I'll be mostly bagging on a flat lot less than 1/4 acre with lots of
turns around shrubs and trees. While performance is important,
reliability is the most important consideration. Not being
mechanically inclined, I need to know that whatever I get can do the
job it's supposed to do without a lot of messing around or running to
the repair shop with it, warranty or not.

Any suggestions for reliable mowers in that price range?

I bought a self-propelled mower with a Honda engine from Costco a few
years ago. I can't even remember the brand of mower and I'm too lazy to
go out to the shed to look. IIRC, it was around $200.

I did add an adjustable throttle to it.