Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Artemus[_2_] Artemus[_2_] is offline

Default Tricks in finding fault on a corrupted data bus?

I've been lurking for a while and this is my first post here. I've been in the
electronics industry for 40 years and have picked up a few tricks along the
way.

Many faulty parts will heat up faster than their counterparts and can be detected
with a liquid crystal sheet. Lay the sheet on a cold unpowered board and apply
the power. Whatever heats up quickest is suspect. I've used this technique to
find faulty ICs, Caps, and even high current traces.

Here is one source http://scientificsonline.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_3072375

Art

"JW" wrote in message
Let's say you know that a certain point on a data bus has a defective
device that is always trying to drive the bus low; Was wondering if anyone
has any good tricks in finding the defective device, other than
cutting/lifting pins?