Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default OT Health Care

Swingman wrote:
wrote:

I have no idea what it would take to fix any of it. Personally, I
don't believe it can be fixed. I think it's too far gone.

Last time it worked in this country was when doctors lived in the
neighborhood and there were no insurance companies, or government,
involved ... way back when there was no concept of a "right" to medical
care and the inevitabilities of life were gracefully accepted.

... I was there, and lived it.

Ironic, these "rights" we have been boondoggled, in ignorance, into
cherishing as inalienable, eh?

There is little doubt that history will prove the "right" of every
citizen to vote in this country will be at the very root of its downfall
.. it certainly wasn't set up that way.

A Canadian snowbird friend explained another "string" in the CHS. He
must not only remain in Canada, but in his home province for at least 6
months of the year or lose his CHS benefits. Being retired and wanting
to travel not only around the world but in Canada, he doesn't care for
this part of the system.