Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Cabinet hinges

"charlie" wrote in message

"SteveA" wrote in message
OK, I am getting along on my kitchen project and are now up to hanging
door on the bottom cabinets. These are face frame units with a 1"
overlay. I bought a handful of Blum 39C 1 INCH OVERLAY 39C358C.16 hinges,
and after setting up a jig to drill them on my DP on a test piece, I tool
it over to a unit and noticed that these hinges made the door appear to
stand-off the face frame by 1/16-1/8", which I do not consider desirable.

I am looking at the Compact 33 with the 1" overlay edge plate as a
possible solution. Will this solve my off-set problem or will I have the
same thing? Any suggestions to solve this problem?

SteveA

typically one would use silicone bumpons to prevent door slamming. they're
about that thick.

Some of them are, there are hundreds of sizes. Typically you want a 1/8"
thick bumper.