M.Joshi M.Joshi is offline
Senior Member

Question Toshiba 2877DB - Int. frame collapse

Hello,

We own a Toshiba 2877DB television which has recently developed an intermittent horizontal frame collapse problem.

A while back, I noticed a feint white line bouncing at the bottom of the screen.

About a week ago, it developed the frame collapse problem. I checked for dry solder joints around the H. Output transistor (Q404) and also re-soldered some of the connections in the horizontal output section that looked dull.

The TV subsequently worked for a few days but then the same problem again. I have re-soldered the connections to the LOPT and some other components in the horizontal output section area. Unfortunately, the problem is now worse!

I have searched for common fixes but nothing comes up that is relevant for the TV. Some sites mention a frame IC (TA1241) needing to be replaced for this model however, I couldn't locate it on the schematic?

I'm wondering if one of the capacitors may have dried up?

I have uploaded the schematic to the following site, hoping that someone can offer some advice:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/agh1...-3377_C7SS_pdf

Thanks.