Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Portable PVC -netting plant cover

Amateur wrote:
Yo, group -

I have built a portable frame out of 1" PVC to be covered with netting
to protect my strawberry bed. 4'x4'x2.'

However, I can't seem to jam the joints tight enough that they won't
fall apart.

What can I "seal" the joints with so I can take the frame
apart if I want a different configuration?

You could drill a small hole through the joint, and slip a nail or paper clip
through it, bending at the end to stay put.

Also, what's the most trouble-free way of fastening the netting tight
on 5 sides, leaving only the ground side free. Seems like a lot of
trouble to fasten at multiple points. There's probably a simple
solution, but it hasn't reached the front of my brain g.

Tie wraps? String? Baling wire?