PoP

Default How loud is 43Db

On 14 Oct 2003 08:27:55 GMT, wrote:

It's true, I Heard It Myself.

Over 25 years ago I was in HP Grenoble on a training course. Dave
Packard was in town holding some meetings around Europe. He did a
presentation in the staff canteen - with John Young who was CEO prior
to Lew Platt (showing my age now...).

Absolutely brilliant podium speakers, both of them. Highly motivating,
easy to see how HP got to where they did. It was sad when Bill and
Dave were no longer part of the company, things changed significantly
at the sharp end of customer sales and support where I was based.

HP Labs in Bristol - been in there a few times on fleeting visits.
Wonderful place. Pinewood was the other UK facility where it was real
nice to work - drove past there yesterday, bit of a shame to see the
For Sale hoardings outside - I remember the UK MD announcing in the
Winnersh canteen that it was being opened.

PoP