Posted to comp.sys.laptops,sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Wierd Toshiba 1905-S301 Laptop Behavior

On Sun, 10 May 2009 18:39:45 -0400, prc1
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have a Toshiba 1905-S301 laptop that had its power supply blown up
in a lightning strike. I've gotten a new replacement adapter, and the
unit seems to be in great working shape.

Except...

I noticed an oddity when downloading some patches off a wired ethernet
connection the other evening. When the laptop has just been turned
on, everything's great--surfing and downloading speeds are super.
Then, after a while, internet access s-l-o-w-s down. New websites are
slow to load, downloads that were flying begin to creep...

...until I unplug the AC adapter. Then the speeds pick back up, sites
load quickly, downloads are fast.

Why not run some benchmarks on the CPU, memory, graphics card and hard
drive before and during the slowdown?

If it is only your Internet speed that drops, then check your modem's
diagnostics for an error count.

- Franc Zabkar