Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Cabinet hinges

On May 12, 9:34*pm, "SteveA" wrote:
OK, I am getting along on my kitchen project and are now up to hanging door
on the bottom cabinets. These are face frame units with a 1" overlay. I
bought a handful of Blum 39C 1 INCH OVERLAY 39C358C.16 hinges, and after
setting up a jig to drill them on my DP on a test piece, I tool it over to a
unit and noticed that these hinges made the door appear to stand-off the
face frame by 1/16-1/8", which I do not consider desirable.

I am looking at the Compact 33 with the 1" overlay edge plate as a possible
solution. Will this solve my off-set problem or will I have the same thing?
Any suggestions to solve this problem?

SteveA

How close is the edge of the door coming to the face of the face-frame
when opening/closing the door at the hinge side?
If that action maintains that 1/16 or 1/8, then simply moving the
plate back into the cabinet should cover it.
Is the front-to-back adjustment fully exhausted then?