Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Suggestions? Driveway crack over ½ inch

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
There has been an ever widening crack running the width of my maybe
15' from the edge of the road. Over the years it has shown up as
perhaps a ¼" crack. I've relentlessly filled it with the rubber
compound (Ace hardware no-name brand) that comes in a caulk-like tube.

I've just assumed that the crack is a small amount because of
continual movement and mostly because of the rubber compound drying,
because if it were primarily movement over the years the crack would
be well over an inch and a half wide by now with most of it filled
with rubber.

But now it's suddenly ½ " wide. Things are getting worse---what is
likely going on?

-- *Primarily* -- What is a sensible stop-gap crack-filler for this?
It is exceeding the maximum ratings for the rubber compound that I can
find at the hardware store.

THANKS

concrete or assfault?

nate