Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Anyone ever build a zip line for your kids?

Malcolm Hoar wrote:
In article , Mike wrote:

Thanks Bub and others who responded. I'm gonna start gathering up
what I need to do this project. I'm sure my neighbor (a fantastic
shadetree mechanic) has a turnbuckle or something I can use to get the
tension up where it needs to be. When you're not super handy
yourself, It's good to have a handy neighbor!

I seem to recall seeing turnbuckles in stock at my local Borg.
Also the wire rope, pulleys and more. Take a look -- you may
get some other ideas browsing that aisle.

Be cautious using any rigging from the Borg for anything that could get
somebody killed if it snaps or shatters. Their stuff is not man-rated.
If the rig you use has a single fitting holding the rider's weight, best
to buy those parts at a sporting goods or safety equipment store. (no
idea if lineman equipment is better or more expensive than mountain
climber stuff.)

--
aem sends...