Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Lanciani Dan Lanciani is offline

Default Administration's new tax proposal

In article , (RickH) writes:

| So the Geek Down The Street just tells me "yeah I'm incorporated" and
| the transaction is completed as usual, after all the guy did have a
| yellow pages ad. The onus is still on the landowner to actively "find
| out" if they need to file a 1099?

Maybe, but then this has always been the case for people making payments
in the course of their business. I generally assume that if I make the
check out to "Company, Inc." and the payee is able to cash/deposit it
they are incorporated. Of course, with this change somebody needs to
argue that renting is indeed a business and they should get rid of all
those silly passive loss limitations.

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com