Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Anyone ever build a zip line for your kids?

On May 12, 2:33*pm, dpb wrote:
Malcolm Hoar wrote:
In article , Mike wrote:

Thanks Bub and others who responded. *I'm gonna start gathering up
what I need to do this project. *I'm sure my neighbor (a fantastic
shadetree mechanic) has a turnbuckle or something I can use to get the
tension up where it needs to be. *When you're not super handy
yourself, It's good to have a handy neighbor!

I seem to recall seeing turnbuckles in stock at my local Borg.
Also the wire rope, pulleys and more. Take a look -- you may
get some other ideas browsing that aisle.

If using turnbuckles be sure they're forged loops, not those that are
simply turned ends that can unroll...

--

When I was a kid, we used a rope from the treehouse to the pool fence
when the parents weren't home, and an old pair of bicycle handlebars