Christopher

Default Continuing saga of WOODCRAFT/JORGENSEN

"___ Bob ___" wrote in message
Went to the WOODWORKS 2003 show in Nashville Saturday .. .. .. spoke
with a lady from WOODCRAFT who offered me a catalog and a coupon good
during their Grand Opening .. .. .. I half jokingly declined, saying I
was still mad at WOODCRAFT for the clamp fiasco.

I just don't get the anger at Woodcraft over this. I didn't get any clamps
out of the deal and I'm not angry at them at all though I sure would have
liked to have grabbed a few. Where do people get the idea that Woodcraft
has some obligation to have enough of a sale item in stock to supply every
woodworker in America? If your local Mercedes dealer decides to mark down
their cars to a level the average Joe is willing to pay and they sell out
before you get there are you going to get mad at them and beat them up the
way Woodcraft has been over this? 15,000 clamps @ 12 per person means 1250
people could have gotten a great deal on the clamps. We all know that many
people weren't able to get in on the deal because some were buying multiple
times but there are still a bunch of happy wood butchers out there now.
Woodcraft didn't turn this into a "fiasco", woodworkers did. BTW, this is
not directed at you in particular Bob.

-Chris