Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default DTV Pal running slow

Nobody wrote:

On Tue, 12 May 2009 17:54:57 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

It has been accepted by many, that NTSC has given *better* color than
PAL ever since solid state electronics have made phase response stable
in the early 1970's.

And how do you justify that statement ?

We were broadcasting TV in Britain quite some time before WW2 sonny.

Not in colour

No, but we were well ahead.

IIRC, QE2's coronation (1953) was the first colour TV broadcast.

I doubt that myself. I recall my Dad buying one of the new dual standard UHF
625 line sets plus the original VHF 405 line in the mid 60s just in time to
see the Apollo landings on BBC2 on 625 line. That was in B&W. There was a
selector switch for 405 / 625 ( VHF / UHF ) on the front and each had 4
channel presets available. I 'adopted' that ( tubed ) set once we got a
transistorised colour one and kept it for years.

I think Colour came to the UK on the UHF 625 line standard in the late 60s. I
recall seeing 'Cream' playing their last concert at the Albert Hall in colour
on BBC2 as a 15 year old IIRC and that would be 1969.

It took a long time for the commercial stations to catch up.

Graham