Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Way OT and political, too

HeyBub wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:
Right now, Obama
could probably get away with not knowing how many states are in the
US, or even going to foreign soil and apologizing for being a US
citizen, assuming he is one, of course.

You're probably referring to Obama claiming there were 57 states.

Yeah, no other president has ever claimed there were 57 states, not
counting Alaska and Hawaii.

In his defense, there WERE 57 venues that got to vote in the Democratic Convention.

Counting on all my fingers and toes, and listening to his words, doing
some high level math... 57 plus 2.... 57 plus 2.... hmmmm.... BINGO 59.
I stand corrected, he actually, if I got the math right, claimed 59
states. Letterman can't seem to find any humor in that, so maybe there
really are 59 states... who really knows...

They we

* The 50 states, of course,

No, that would be 57 states, not counting Alaska and Hawaii. See above
for the math... 59

* The District of Columbia,
* Guam,
* Puerto Rico,
* The U.S. Virgin Islands,
* The Dutchy of Grand Fenwick,
* Patagonia. and
* Rhodesia.

Plus 7 states that are not states, that would be....59 plus 7
non-states.... 66 states would be what he thinks, based on his words,
and adding your words...

Chicago residents got to vote twice, and U.S. citizens abroad (unless they
were in the military) voted with their home states.

There were a number of voting districts that had more people vote than
were registered to vote. This could be a problem if the mass media ever
figures out something is wrong here. I suspect, the democrats will need
to be more careful when stuffing ballots. 120% of the voters voting is
not particularly smart. ACORN will need to get more than 76
registrations from each democrat voter or things could get messy.

--
Jack
Go Penns!