Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Way OT and political, too

Robatoy wrote:
On May 11, 11:32 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:

While I enjoy your input on woodworking topics, when it comes to
politics, you've made it quite clear that you are basically a
whining name-caller with little to no substantive input.

Cut him some slack. That's what liberal do.

You can't quantify "feelings." They are what they are - there's no
explaining or justification or evidence or logic.

You mean ... like faith?

If, by "faith," you mean religion, no. Religion is fact-based. For example,
Judaism and, by extension, Christianity was moved along by 100,000 eyeball
witnesses at Sinai and an unbroken tradition re-telling the event. It might
be called 'hearsay,' but that sequence has as much validity as the reporting
in the New York Times.

Or take Islam. Mohammed received communication from God via a third-party
angel, but we know it happened because his 13(?) wives testified that it
did. I don't know why a prophet's wife is more believable than the prophet
himself, but there you are.

No, religion is rational. "Feelings" are not. That's why they're called
"feelings" instead of dyspepsia.