Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paper shredder repaired

The first post of a thread is neither top nor bottom.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 May 2009 20:21:10 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

The paper shredder I bought so many years ago. Finally gave
up, today. Didn't have the power to do much more than growl
at me.

Took the screws out of the bottom, and took the cover
apart.
The lubricating grease on the gears had dried out. Took it
outside, rinsed off the gears with ether starting spray.
Relube with good brand of silicone.

The sticker said it was made in 2001.

Try it with some paper, and it's best it's been, in years.

I'm proud of you. On the bright side, you didn't have to top
post.