Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Power tool may have started wildfire

On May 11, 7:15*pm, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 11 May 2009 16:55:32 -0700 (PDT), ransley

wrote:
On May 11, 3:26*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
As it was being used to clear brush in response to fire regulations.

"Some Santa Barbara County residents recently received annual notices
advising them they had until June 1 to clear potentially hazardous brush,
county fire Capt. Glenn Fidler said. "

http://cbs2.com/local/brush.fire.wil...2.1004379.html

Here when weed wackers slow down, the first thing removed is the Spark
Arrestor. That could have started the fire.

Removing a spark arrestor is illegal in their state?! *Some people
move there and never even have a spark arrestor.

Harassing a bear can be a federal offense. That charge can get you two
years in the pokey for a first offense. Stealing fish from a pond,
still gets a two year sentence.

My Sthil had one until I removed it because it would not rev high, I
think CA is stringent on that issue and for good reason.