Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Calling any of the Australian lads on here ...

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 May 2009 02:39:03 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

In the meantime, could I trouble you to
post the URL of the manual you are looking at, just to make sure that we
are
both looking at the same one.

It's the same one Don found:
http://www.starin.info/Product%20Inf...0Manual-ex.pdf

- Franc Zabkar

Ah yes, OK. We are in fact looking at the same one. Unfortunately, what is
shown in there on pages 11 and 14, is still nothing like what is actually in
the unit itself. For instance, IC7 on that diagram, is a PIC. On the 'real
thing', IC7 is an 8 pin SIL opamp. And many other differences. I am
beginning to think that I am not going to get the correct diagram for this.
I think as a next move, I will take the board out, and see if I can follow
the tracking from where I know that there is signal present, to see if I can
arrive at the first opamp, and figure what is going on. Beyond that, I'm not
going to waste a lot more time on it. As I'm sure you know yourself, there
comes a point when you have to make a decision based on commercial logic,
rather than a desire to be satisfied by fixing everything that gets thrown
under your gaze ... :-\

Arfa