Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone ever build a zip line for your kids?

Mike wrote:
Hey all....I was at a party at a friend's house on Saturday and they
had a zip line for their kids in the backyard. It was about 15 feet
long about 6' off the ground when not being ridden. A steel cable and
a zip carrier for the kids to hold on it with a little 2 stair unit at
one end. I have to build one now. Anyone ever try this? Surely the
hardest part is getting the zip line itself tight enough, yeah. Any
tips? I have lots of trees and am thinking about doing a really long
one, maybe 70-80 feet.

Thanks for any info....

Mike

P.S. Expensive kits these - http://www.railrunnerzipline.com/products.asp

If I had kids, I'd probably be a bit crazier and build
something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-uJXyPcy4k

TDD