Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Verdict in: electric cars more efficient that biofuel-powered

On May 11, 5:24*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 11 May 2009 13:29:49 -0700 (PDT), RickH

wrote:
Filling up the 9.5 gallon tank on my Saturn every 300 miles is enough
of a hassle for me (I wish it went 500). *I cant imagine ever driving
a vehicle that only went 50 or 60 miles,

I think they are using the statistics about how many people drive less
than that on most days.
If you drive a lot, you need enough fuel on board to have reasonable
range.
For someone like me who is retired and makes short trips most of the
time I pretty much would need 2 cars. One for around town and one for
road trips.

Replacing one car with two doesn't sound all that good for the
enviroment or economical either.