Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Bob Larter Bob Larter is offline

Default What cap mfr. to use?

Eeyore wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:

[...]
By the way, check the CPU cooler occasionally. Mine hadn't been cleaned
since I bought the computer over eight years ago, and you cannot believe how
clogged with shmutz the heat sink was.

Yes, I keep an eye on that kind of thing.

This box is a dual Xeon, with huge CPU heatsinks that get very filthy. I
take the fans off & brush out the heatsinks once or twice a year.