Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Vibratory polishers

On Tue, 12 May 2009 02:02:45 GMT, The Hurdy Gurdy Man
wrote:

I'm currently in the market for a vibratory polisher, both for polishing parts
and for cleaning fired brass prior to reloading. There doesn't seem to be
a huge difference between the ones sold by ammunition reloading suppliers and
various metalworking suppliers, with one notable exception:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=PRODUCT

That's the "high capacity" tumbler from Eastwood. A whopping 22 inch diameter
bowl, large enough to polish even the dirtiest of small children to a high
gloss shine. It's expensive, but it seems like the typical sizes of polishers
are only good for objects small enough to fit in the palm of your hand.
I can easily see myself wanting to polish parts that are closer to a "palms
of two hands" size, plus for reloading purposes I'd mainly be doing rifle
brass so the additional capacity would allow me to get everything done in one
big batch.

Has anyone ever used this particular tumbler? Can anyone speak to the quality
and reliability of the unit? It's supposedly made in the USA, which is a plus
as when Eastwood sells things that are made in China they end up being roughly
equivalent to what you get from Harbor Freight. Also, does anyone know of
other companies that sell tumblers in that same size category for comparison?
It seems like every place I check doesn't get anywhere near the size of that
one. It's a pretty huge chunk of change to plunk down, so I definitely need
to do some comparison shopping first.

Sorry...mine is 36" across and cost $25

Uses a 1/2hp motor.

You do know yuc can build such a ting rather easily, no?

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates