Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Power tool may have started wildfire

On May 11, 6:10*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
As it was being used to clear brush in response to fire regulations.

"Some Santa Barbara County residents recently received annual notices
advising them they had until June 1 to clear potentially hazardous
brush, county fire Capt. Glenn Fidler said. "

Anybody dumb enough to be clearing dry brush without fire-fighting
capability on-hand is, well, dumb. *That includes the guy who hires a
lowest-bidder crew to do it without making sure they have some Indian
backback sprayers ready to go. *The fire regs are there for a good reason,
if a weed-whacker hadn't started this then any one of a dozen other things
could have, it was only a matter of time.

I watched one family on the news a couple of days ago lamenting about how
they know better, how they knew they should have done this, that and the
other thing--instead they did nothing and lost everything, escaped with the
clothes on their backs. *Damn shame, but it's not like they moved into the
neighborhood a month ago, they'd seen previous fires come close, and still
they weren't ready....

Ah, yet another reason to live in western New York, rain and snow
capital of the east coast. When the west turns into one big parched
desert, we'll be complaining about the rain and the overcast skies.

Frost tonight but it might make it up to 60F tomorrow !!!