Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Calling any of the Australian lads on here ...

On Mon, 11 May 2009 11:03:04 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi Don, thanks for the pointer. However, there's something strange going on
here. Another guy contacted me off-group and had also found these
schematics. Thing is that although they claim to be for an AMIS250, they
don't match what is actually in the item. Let me just qualify that. The
input board is spot on. Everything matches - schematic, layout, component
numbering. The power amp is pretty damned close. Layout looks about right.
Schematic looks about right. Component numbering is out the window, though.

Now the front panel mixer / preamp board. This is nothing like what is in
the actual unit. The board fitted has all the same pots etc, but instead of
the three ICs shown on the schematics and layouts, this version has no less
than 12 ICs - two of those 8 pin in-line devices like NMJ1458, one 14 pin
DIL, and the rest are 8 pin DILs.

Are we looking at the same diagrams? The mixer board on page 11 of the
manual has a lot more than three ICs. For example, IC7 is a 28-pin PIC
uP. The layout on page 14 has at least 7 ICs.

The layout is nothing like the one in the
manual. In my trawling around the 'net for info, I have come across
references to a "P" version which seems to be simpler. Maybe the manuals
which seem to be available, cover this variant, rather than the one that's
on my bench ? :-\

Arfa

According to this URL ...

http://www.australianmonitor.us/inde...oducts&area=am

.... the "P" version is a power amp while the plain version is a
mixer/amp.

Mixer/Amps: Integration

AMIS250
250 Watt Rackmount Mixer Amplifier (2RU) • 70 volt, 4 ohm, balanced
XLR & record outputs • 6 x dual balanced mic/line inputs • Phantom
power on all mics with defeat switch • Multi-level VOX muting from
channels 1 & 2 • Overall bass, treble & master controls • Fan cooled
for added reliability

Amplifiers: Power Amplifiers

AMIS250P
250 Watt Rackmount Amplifier (2RU) • 70 volt, 4 ohm • Balanced line
level input • Current limiting

- Franc Zabkar