Posted to sci.electronics.repair
hemiguy1977 hemiguy1977 is offline

Default DLT7000 LED flash POST error codes

On May 10, 2:50*pm, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article
.com, hemiguy1977 writes

I'm not sure if the firmware was attempted to be reflashed - This
drive came out of a library, so I don't think its likely. It does the
same thing whether I power it up attached to the library controller or
if I try to power it up on the bench.

Exactly. *The firmware is unable to fully initialise, so IF whst you
have is a case of failed firmware, you'll get that error whatever
happens.

As far as I remember, there are two sets of firmware on the DLT7000.
There's a basic firmware which brings the drive up, then another that
initialises the SCSI interface and brings the drive online (or vice
versa).

It's the second stage firmware that is re-flashed during an update. *I
had two dead DLT7000s - one which was doing what you describe, and
another with (IIRC) a knackered head. *

I made one working drive from the two by transferring the firmware board
from the one with bad heads to the one with the failed flash, then
successfully upgraded the firmware.

--
(\__/) *
(='.'=) *Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.

Well, it turns out the board IS bad - I swapped mechanisms, and the
problem followed the board

Problem is, the unit is out of a Compaq TL881 loader (Made by
"overland") and as such it's "differential" SCSI board, and it has
some special OEM firmware, so its not like I can just use any board.

-Rick