Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Stewart-Warner 9104-B chassis (TV-radio combo)

msg wrote:

I have stored a Stewart-Warner 9104-B TV-radio (in a small case, not the
huge console with phono seen in the two websites currently indexed by Google
using "9104-B" as a search term) for a long time and am considering a
restoration.

This is a round-tube set from perhaps the late 1940s.

The chassis has a few topside rust spots (likely from mouse pee) but the
underside is quite clean and in good condition.

I would appreciate learning if some of you have tried electrolytic replating
of bare metal where rust was sanded down, using a portable sponge wand.

... and would appreciate knowing the years of manufacture of this set

I would also appreciate learning the dates of manufacture for this model chassis.

and if possible what plating was used on the chassis.

Thanks,

Michael