Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Stewart-Warner 9104-B chassis (TV-radio combo)

Phil Nelson wrote:

Not every cabinet needs to be sanded down to bare wood.

What sort of shape is your cabinet in? If you give a description, or
even better post a photo somewhere, we could advise on less destructive
methods that might produce a great-looking cabinet with a lot less work.

I'll get it to a spot where a photo is possible and post the link later.

The overall finish is quite good, however it is the repairing of peeling and
chipping veneer at edges that is my concern. I would like to avoid obvious
seams where little replacement veneer chips may be needed.

snip

A good starter book on refinishing is "The Weekend Refinisher" by David
Johnson. Look on amazon.com or other booksellers. It has useful sections
on reviving an old finish without stripping.

I'll look for this book.

Thanks,

Michael