Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default Bit of a con, really ... ?

On May 11, 1:52*pm, JW wrote:
On Mon, 11 May 2009 13:28:06 +0100 "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote in Message id:
:

Yup. There are what can be accurately described as LED TVs on the horizon
- OLED. But are some way off in normal sizes at an affordable cost.

I took a look at Sony's offering. IIRC it's about 11" diagonally and about
$2500! I downloaded an operators manual, and noticed there were warnings
about screen burn when a steady single image is displayed. Think I'll
stick with my $800 42" LCD.

It was crap in all respects and ended up being sold off in bargain
basement stores.

MBQ