Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fence for Miter saw station?

You are correct sir. Yes I use the TS for "most" cross cuts but it's
not an absolute. I will tune up the miter to make precise cuts when
needed. It is capable. I typically create a fresh zero clearance
insert, put on the good blade, dial in the cut angles, etc. Once it is
dialed in it is pretty good for the day but I handle it pretty rough
the rest of the time so the setup isn't something I want to rely on
unless it has been cheked and tuned recently.

On May 11, 11:15*am, (Derek Lyons) wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
My thoughts on a miter saw are using it mostly for cutoff for near
lengths and non-critical miters, etc. If I am building precise
furniture or other items I try to use the TS for most of cross cuts so
I am not so critical on the fence for the miter.

So how do you square the ends of a long board? *Easy on a mitre saw,
seems a bit difficult on a table saw when you have to both move the
board and hold it square.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.