Posted to alt.home.repair
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default Washing machine drum out of balance ?

On May 11, 4:58*am, oopsie wrote:
When spinning I noticed that my washing machine drum is making a lot
of noise. It doesn't seem to be rotating in a completely circular
motion - as if
the point it is rotating around is off centre. I would try and repair
myself if anyone could point me in the right direction. ??

Some of the newer washers have self leveling rear feet. A metal bar
that connects the two rear feet and a spring going to the frame. An
out of balance load caused mine to shift too far and bind. Had to
reset it an lube it up - now it works great.

If that is not it check around the bottom of the tub to make sure none
of the springs are broken or popped off.