Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Calling any of the Australian lads on here ...

Some 7 or more? years ago Audio Telex took over the company, Australian
Monitor, that at that time made good PA amps etc. to extend their product
range.

I too found the user manual but then searched for
service manual Australian Monitor AMIS250 250w 100v Mixer Amp
and found this link....

http://www.starin.info/Product%20Inf...0Manual-ex.pdf

It may be what you need.

Regards,

Don

ps. I once worked in the same building as them in a former job.

Hi Don, thanks for the pointer. However, there's something strange going on
here. Another guy contacted me off-group and had also found these
schematics. Thing is that although they claim to be for an AMIS250, they
don't match what is actually in the item. Let me just qualify that. The
input board is spot on. Everything matches - schematic, layout, component
numbering. The power amp is pretty damned close. Layout looks about right.
Schematic looks about right. Component numbering is out the window, though.

Now the front panel mixer / preamp board. This is nothing like what is in
the actual unit. The board fitted has all the same pots etc, but instead of
the three ICs shown on the schematics and layouts, this version has no less
than 12 ICs - two of those 8 pin in-line devices like NMJ1458, one 14 pin
DIL, and the rest are 8 pin DILs. The layout is nothing like the one in the
manual. In my trawling around the 'net for info, I have come across
references to a "P" version which seems to be simpler. Maybe the manuals
which seem to be available, cover this variant, rather than the one that's
on my bench ? :-\

Arfa