Posted to alt.home.repair
Derek Lawler Derek Lawler is offline

Default Jalousie Window Hardware Repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 May 2009 15:25:33 -0400, "Derek Lawler"
wrote:

My house was built in 1956 and has the original jalousie windows. I
happen
to like them but the cranks etc. are wearing out. and the ones I am using
replace them with were salvaged from other houses. The problem I have is
connecting the aluminum "push rod" with its two holes, with the crank
"throw" that requires very flat connectors/fastenings. Maybe someone out
there has solved this problem. I thought of pop rivets but I am not sure
how
to set it up. Thanks for any ideas about this.
Derek

Ideas?! Replace the windows.

If you insist on a repair, a typical rivet (average garage size) will
not last. Locate a source for aircraft rivets. I fixed the hull and
ribs in a small aluminum bass boat. Stiffened her right up.

Thanks for the suggestions and links. I should have started with google but
my problem is one of technique and tomorrow I will tackle it again. Holding
the link in place while I pop a rivet through a small washer is probably
going to take vice grips or hemostat clamps. I am definitely not going to
replace the windows.
Derek