Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Garden Hose for transfer of K1 Oil ?

On Sun, 10 May 2009 15:01:23 -0400, "James"
wrote:

I need to transfer K1 kerosene from my delivery trailer to my tank 50 ft
away. I have priced hoses made for fuels, and a 50 ft length is $200-300.

Any reason why I cannot us a commercial grade, 3/4 inch hose like the one
shown in this link ? This hose would be used **only** for this purpose,
and would be used no more than two times a year.

Any comments or advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

James

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...8424_200218424

It would help to know what the hose is made of. The pictured black
hose may be made of nitrile rubber. If so it has excellent chemical
compatibility to kerosene.