Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default What to do with stale petrol?

in 201150 20090510 191120 David in Normandy wrote:
Clive wrote:
"Alan" wrote in message
et...
I bough a gallon can of lead-free petrol when there was all that kerfuffle
about fuel prices a few years ago which has sat at the back of the garage
ever since. During a clear out I unearthed it again and now I need to get
rid of it (especially as we've got a diesel these days).
I tried taking it to the council dump but - "we've got no facilities for
handling liquids guv - do you have a lawnmower?" - yes I do but it's
electric :-).

So the question is - will this old petrol be usable in a petrol lawnmower?
If so, I can pas it on to a mate.

Alan
--
email ~= s/nospam//

Pour it down the drain.

But wait until you see someone walking along the pavement with a
cigarette between his lips and watch closely as he tosses the stub down
the drain :-)

See the end of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for a demonstration.