Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Ernie Willson Ernie Willson is offline

Default Garden Hose for transfer of K1 Oil ?

It might work. Hose is rather special stuff, and plastics/rubber can
swell and fail very quickly in petroleum service. I think there is a
good reason a proper hose costs a bit of money..for the required
materials. I'd recommend getting hose certified for your service.

If you choose water hose then please let us know what happens

EJ in NJ

James wrote:
I need to transfer K1 kerosene from my delivery trailer to my tank 50 ft
away. I have priced hoses made for fuels, and a 50 ft length is $200-300.

Any reason why I cannot us a commercial grade, 3/4 inch hose like the one
shown in this link ? This hose would be used **only** for this purpose,
and would be used no more than two times a year.

Any comments or advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

James

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...8424_200218424