Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Neighbor's dead tree is leaning against my oak and threateningto fall on my property

Joe wrote:
Just want give everyone an update, I'm the OP, I've been putting off
talking to my neighbor but finally talked to him the other day and now
I know why I was putting it off. He basically offered to pay for half
of the removal - after he tried to argue with me that the tree was on
MY property! I wasn't really in the mood to argue with him considering
he just found of he has cancer so I agreed with him although I really
feel like I'm getting the shaft in this deal since it's his tree and
it's been dead for years.

Look on the bright side - paying 1/2 for tree removal is a whole lot
better than having cancer. ) He may be a jerk, may just have made
wrong assumptions (most of the tree IS now on your property, no?), or
just preoccupied with his situation. Young? Old?