Posted to alt.home.repair
Square Peg[_2_] Square Peg[_2_] is offline

Default Compressor / inflator recommendations

On Sun, 10 May 2009 02:01:53 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I have a Sears cordless inflator which I use for tires and such. I
love it. My first one lasted about 10 years and when the battery died
I just went and got another one of the same model. It would probably
do the job but might take a while.

Is this it?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...26+Infl ators

That looks like a good choice for tires and balls, but it says it can
only do 2 tires on a charge. I am afraid that it won't be able to
inflate the much larger water slide. Do you agree?

I used to buy a lot of Craftsman tools, but haven't for awhile.

I also have a new Porter Cable C2002 that I got refurbished through
Amazon for $100. Looks brand new and works great. I use it for a
brad nailer.

How do you find refurbished ones?

A new one is only $146:

http://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-C...lp_edpp_img_in

They are both really loud. That will be true unless you go with a
more expensive oil compressor.

Do you mean that the Craftsman cordless is loud?

Several of the reviews on Amazon say that the Porter Cable is not as
loud as some. Of course, that may still be pretty loud.