Posted to sci.electronics.repair
hemiguy1977 hemiguy1977 is offline

Default DLT7000 LED flash POST error codes

On May 4, 11:19*am, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article
s.com, hemiguy1977 writes

Hi!

Do they flash together, or in sequence?

The three lights the flash, flash together, not in sequence.

and the "operate handle"
LED stays on solid. Also, the handle release solenoid clicks as well,
but no other movements.

Last time I saw this it was due to a failed firmware flash. *Re-flashing
the firmware takes a surprisingly long time, so people tend to panic and
assume something has gone wrong and pull the power to the drive. *This,
of course, is the worst possible thing to do since it leaves the drive
with buggered firmware.

I'm not sure if the firmware was attempted to be reflashed - This
drive came out of a library, so I don't think its likely. It does the
same thing whether I power it up attached to the library controller or
if I try to power it up on the bench.

-Rick