Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default What cap mfr. to use?

On Sun, 10 May 2009 13:54:33 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Point 2: Leave the side panels off like I tend to do!

I do, but that's mostly to make it easy to perform full backups. The machine
run coolers, though it spews more RF, which keeps atomic clocks in the same
room from synching.

Thankfully I have no atomic clocks to worry about.

By the way, check the CPU cooler occasionally. Mine hadn't been cleaned
since I bought the computer over eight years ago, and you cannot believe how
clogged with shmutz the heat sink was.

Yes, I keep an eye on that kind of thing.

Graham

Dust sucks, because we *cannot* see it, so you must have a pretty good
eye. ;-)

I *can* see my accumulations of dust though. So I keep my system's
sinks clean pretty often as well. On the order of once every other month
even.