Posted to rec.woodworking
scritch scritch is offline

Default Routing small pieces

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , -MIKE-

On May 8, 1:10 pm, dpb wrote:
SonomaProducts.com wrote:
Another approach to small pieces is to do some or all of the work on a
larger piece and then cut it down. ...
Bingo!!! (I like the way that man thinks... )
Me, too. That would be the way I would approach it, without doubt.

Robert

I just assumed he has the parts already cut to size.

I did too, because he said "I have 40+ small pieces of wood to rout
rabbets in"

Also, too, since each piece needed three rabbets, it would be a miracle
of precise measuring and saw setup to precut all of the rabbets in long
stock, then cut out the fronts (first cut a rabbet in the long edge of
the stock, then cut double-wide dadoes across the stock, including
enough for the saw kerf between each piece to be cut off, then actually
cut each part from the stock exactly in the middle of each of those
dadoes). Also, I am using up little bits of scrap I have collected over
the years, so I didn't have much long stock (actually, one piece).