Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigGirlsBlouse BigGirlsBlouse is offline

Default CPC vs Farnell?

"adrian" wrote in message
HI Folks

Just spend a happy few hours rippint two thick layers of paint off our
wooden front gates. Seems that they were 2nd-hand when the guy that biult
the house reused them for our gates - they'd already been varnished, then
he slapped a coat of some unknown paint on top of the avrnish, and then we
unwittingly put our own coat of paint on top of that lot.

Of course - the rains's got in - and now the whole lot needs to come off -
before applying the microporous preserver...

Anyway - turns out the best tool for the stripping was one of those 'Flap
wheels' that goes into an electric drill. Found one at the back of a
cupboard g - and it's done the job well.. - covered me in ground-up
gerrn & gery paint - Incredible Hulk, anybody ?g

Went looking on CPC for a replacement flap wheel (CPC are ideal because
they'll deliver to us out here in South-West ireland without charging
silly prices for P&P). They'd only got a few wheels.

Now - I'd always thought tha CPC and Farnell were very much the same
company - but a search on Farnell's website showed a much wider range of
flapwheels - even though the website looked very much like the CPC one -
just rebadged..

So - what's the deal ? - anybody use both and prefer one over the other?

Thanks
Adrian

as someone else has said they are both part of the farnell group.
they do appeal to different customers tho.... in my job I have to instal dab
radios and CPC have a very good range... FEC have none. Also, service kits
for various electronic equipme t are provided by CPC, but not by FEC.
The other problem we have as a company is that CPC do not send an invoice...
the delivery note doubles as an invoice which is fine for private buyers but
not for companies with separate invoice depts.