Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default OT - What Is A Good Rule Of Thumb For Charging R22 In My Central A/C?

Joe wrote:

I have a small leak in my evaporator. So, here comes the cooling
season again, and until I have the money to get the system repaired, I
need to add a charge. I've got the gauges hooked up, and measured the
ambient temperature at 82 deg F.

With cars, monitoring the outlet temperature as one adds refrigerant seems to work.
Coldest is best.

Spraying water on the condensor is a subsitute for a big fan. A warm day is optimum for
trying this shortcut.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller