Posted to uk.d-i-y
adrian adrian is offline

Default CPC vs Farnell?

HI Folks

Just spend a happy few hours rippint two thick layers of paint off our
wooden front gates. Seems that they were 2nd-hand when the guy that
biult the house reused them for our gates - they'd already been
varnished, then he slapped a coat of some unknown paint on top of the
avrnish, and then we unwittingly put our own coat of paint on top of
that lot.

Of course - the rains's got in - and now the whole lot needs to come off
- before applying the microporous preserver...

Anyway - turns out the best tool for the stripping was one of those
'Flap wheels' that goes into an electric drill. Found one at the back of
a cupboard g - and it's done the job well.. - covered me in ground-up
gerrn & gery paint - Incredible Hulk, anybody ?g

Went looking on CPC for a replacement flap wheel (CPC are ideal because
they'll deliver to us out here in South-West ireland without charging
silly prices for P&P). They'd only got a few wheels.

Now - I'd always thought tha CPC and Farnell were very much the same
company - but a search on Farnell's website showed a much wider range of
flapwheels - even though the website looked very much like the CPC one -
just rebadged..

So - what's the deal ? - anybody use both and prefer one over the other?

Thanks
Adrian