Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Genie garage door receiver - 9 dip switch vs. 12 dip switch

O wrote:
My old Genie radio receiver (old 9 dip-switch version) was invaded by fire
ants and stopped working. So - I replaced it with a 12 dip-switch version
(after being assured by a tech at Genie that it would work.) After making
the first 9 switches match the old 9 switchs, I can't get it to work. I've
tried a variety of combinations with the final 3 new switchs and get no joy.
Any garage door guru's here?

Jay

Hi,
How did you replace the switch? Was there roo for it?
Try 9 position counting from left end or right end
looking at it. If it is on/off type then try setting the
switch exactly opposite from the old one.