Posted to alt.home.repair

Default new a/c refrigerant?

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Supposedly they are phasing out R-22. I'm going to be sad to
see it go. Good stuff, does a nice job. As to the other
blends and such. Time will tell, if any of them work, and if
they will be on the market for a while.

Puron is a brand name for 410a, but you likely knew that
already.

One company I work for, they used 416a. It's a bit cheaper
than 409a. I may try it for my next jug o juice. 409a works
nicely.

I have used 409a in the past but found 416a to
work better for me. I can use it in an old car
or old hermetic because there is no need to
change the oil and it runs a lower head pressure
which is less of a strain on an old system. I
have it running a walk in cooler at a pizza place
and the system runs in the hottest weather without
straining or overheating.

TDD