Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default long term reliablity computer boards

On 2009-05-10, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Dave August wrote:

Till all the old stock is gone..

Read my post again, NO LONGER MANUFACTURED...

Sure Newegg et-all will sell ya "new old stock" till it's depleted... but
they ain't making em any more.. case closed...

Trust me "SeeCrate" and "EasternAnalog" closed the PATA lines a year ago...

Solid state hard drive prices are dropping rapidly. They are plug in
replacements for mechanical hard drives. Standard power connectors &
EIDE cables.

Hmm ... *that* should have better reliability. Assuming that
they don't have the problem that some CF (Compact Flash) cards have when
used for computer boot drives instead of camera media. They have a
limited number of write cycles, so if you are booting from them and
running a lot of things which write all the time, you will eventually
run out of write cycles and it will get to be unreliable. If the solid
state drives have gotten around that, they sound great. What kind of
speeds do they offer?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564