Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A.Michel J.A.Michel is offline

Default Garage door opener

Mounted my sensor eyes pointing at each other in the attic using the
optional rafter-mount kit. ;-)
No more problems with sensors!!

"DS" wrote in message
The two laser units on the tracks for my garage door were damaged when
our garage flooded and then froze during the winter.
These are a safety feature but with no small children around, I don't
consider it necessary.
Is there any way of by-passing them? I tried twisting the wires to-
gether on each side. It didn't work. Then I joined the respective
wires from one side to the other across the opening. That didn't work
either. The laser beam is essentially a switch, isn't it?
If I can't bypass it, do I have to order the manufacturer's
replacement equipment (which will take time) or is there something
"generic' I can use?
Tx
ds