Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default new a/c refrigerant?

Tony Hwang wrote:
Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Jean" wrote in message
news I'm in the market to replace my split-system heat pump A/C. An
installer came by today and said that there is a "new r22" that
eliminates the need for the expensive puron (r410). I googled and
couldn't find anything about this "new r22". Has anyone read anything
about it?

Jean

.

I have not priced it lately, but just how much could the more
expensive r401 be ? There are only several pounds in a system.

I did replace my system about 3 years ago and went with the r-22. My
thinking is that it operates at lower pressure and has been around
long enough to have the bugs worked out of the system. I also had
most of a bottle of that gas left from years ago.
If I need to add some, I can do that .

Hi,
If you don't care about environment.

The environment cares not whether the R-22 is sealed in a container or
inside an A/C system. The only time it becomes an environmental issue
is when you release it into the atmosphere.

(oh noes! my car has R-12 in it!)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.